Club Welfare Officer

The club welfare officer is here for anyone in the club (staff, volunteer, parents or children) who has a concern about a child, the club, a coach or a volunteer.

This might be poor practice (unacceptable behaviour, bullying, discrimination) or possible abuse towards a child.

You can report your concerns to them by telephone, text or email.

Lisa Huntington

07980 042155

E-Mail Lisa

At our club we ensure a positive child-centred environment.
We ensure all coaches are at least FA level 1 qualified, have attended FA first aid training and have completed the FA safeguarding children’s workshop.

As part of our safeguarding children strategy all coaches and those working with children are CRC checked. This is in line with legislation and government guidance and is standard practice.  
We ensure coaches and managers know the importance of being consistent role models for their players.
We monitor incidents of poor behaviour and liaise with the clubs committee (and where necessary the County FA Welfare Officer).
We ask all coaches/parents/children to adhere to the clubs code of conducts and policies.


Childline is a free, private, confidential service available anytime, day or night and doesn’t show up on the phone bill.

Whatever your worry, whenever you need help, however you want to get in touch. Their trained counsellors are here for you to talk to on the phone, by email or through 1-2-1 counsellor chat. Whatever feels best for you.

They can help with anything – from abuse and bullying to exam stress and relationships.


The NSPCC helpline is open 24 hours a day and is a place where adults can get advice or share their concerns about a child's safety and wellbeing, including a child in your family, anonymously if they wish.

The NSPCC are staffed by professional practitioners with backgrounds in jobs like teaching, healthcare and social work who are trained to spot the signs of abuse and what to do to help.

0808 800 5000



The CEOP (Child Exploitation & Online Protection) protect children from harm online and offline with a focus on child sexual exploitation and online protection issues.

If you are worried that someone has acted inappropriately towards your child or another child you may know or work with, you can report this. This may include things like sexualised chat, being asked to meet up, or being asked to do something that made the child feel uncomfortable.

Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online?

Any member of the public - whether a child, parent or professional - can report a concern about child sexual abuse or online exploitation here.

All reports are assessed and responded to by CEOP's specialist Child Protection Advisors. If a police response is necessary, it would be conducted in partnership with your local police force.

If you want to know more about keeping children safe online, you can use:

West Riding FA

How to report your concerns to The West Riding County FA's safeguarding team, or how to whistle-blow.

FA Safeguarding

Details of how to report discrimination within the Football Association are contained in the link below.

© 2010 - 2024 Goole Town Tigers